TetCon Saigon 2016 is located at Sheraton Saigon, the marvelous 5-star hotel right at the heart of Saigon.
Saigon - Pearl of the Far East
Being the biggest tourism centre of Vietnam, Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city) is 1,690km south of Hanoi - the capital, and about 60km from the coast. The city also constitutes the cultural centre of the South and the Mekong River Delta. With the appearance and development of books, essays, schools, artistic and intellectual circles, Saigon has had a long history of cultural influence.
- Cu Chi Tunnel is an elaborate underground community made up of 250 km of tunnels and chambers below Saigon.
- War Remnants Museum primarily contains exhibits relating to the American phase of the Vietnam war.
- Saigon Central Post Office was designed and constructed when Vietnam was part of French Indochina in the early 20th century.
- Saigon Notre-dame Basilica was constructed between 1863 and 1880 by the French colonists, following their conquest of the city, the building reaches a height of up to 60m. Bishop Lefevre put the first stone for construction of the church on 28 March 1863.
- Reunification Palace was the home and workplace of the President of South Vietnam War. It was the site of the end of the Vietnam War during the Fall of Saigon on April 30, 1975, when a North Vietnamese Army tank crashed through its gates.